Saturday, December 03, 2005

Latinos in New Orleans

I predicted that the hurricane Katrina was going to have all kinds of unexpected consequences and fantasized about a rebuilt New Orleans with a state-of-the-art infrastructure, after enough the federal money had been skimmed off by local officials of course. The recent announcement of free wireless sounds like the beginnings of what I was imagining.

The influx of Latinos as described here is one of those unexpected consequences I frankly did not expect. There are the inevitable difficulties but at least the Mayor is welcoming them with open arms:

"How do I ensure that New Orleans is not overrun by Mexican workers?"


Nice going.

Meanwhile, Karl Rove was evidently working hard and early in his grand scheme to destroy the city when he managed to sabotage the levee during the design phase.

I wonder if people are going to go to prison for this

Add to Technorati Favorites