Friday, March 30, 2007

Political Organization Arranges for Generals to Tell Bush to Not be Political

For the record, I hate the VA. To this day I believe their putred system contributed to if not directly caused my father's death.

My father, a veteran of 3 wars with multiple tours in Korea and Vietnam, believed in his heart that the VA was there for him no matter how much I questioned his care. When he was on his deathbed, we frantically requested his records be sent to the hospital so that the attending physician could refer to them and determine his course of action. The VA originally refused and only agreed after I got on the telephone and turned my pleading to threats.

We received the reluctantly sent faxes and they were unreadable. My father died 3 days later.

So I am not a fan of the VA. Now here is my question. How is it possible that I, a civilian who's only connection to the military is a 4 year stint in the Air Force and a retired veteran for a father, could possibly know more about the VA than a retired general? How is it possible that the horrible care given to our veterans is unknown to those at the highest ranks of the service?

I don't know the answer to that but 3 retired generals have called on the president to not make his visit with troops at Walter Reed political.

And who brought these non-political generals together for their plea? The political National Security Network.

Add to Technorati Favorites