Monday, March 26, 2007

Roger Ebert

I've always enjoyed Roger Ebert's reviews even when he was so terribly wrong (thumbs down on Die Hard?!?!?!?!) and didn't realize he was ill until long after it was announced and he stopped appearing on the show. A friend explained that he had surgery etc.

Much to my surprise, today I ran across a listing for a review by Mr. Ebert on Rotten Tomatoes. Well, I jumped over to his site only to learn that reviews are being written by Jim Emerson instead.

Isn't this kind of like when Abby of Dear Abby was replaced only worse?

I'm sure Mr. Emerson is a fine reviewer and a nice guy but I can't help but be turned off by the fact that his reviews are being published under the "Roger Ebert" mantle.

And of course I wish Mr. Ebert all the best and a speedy return to his TV show and his website.

Add to Technorati Favorites