Saturday, November 05, 2005

Marketing Religion

Jeff Jarvis has this to say about recent decisions by the Methodist church.

"God’s work?

I sure as hell don’t think so."

Whatever dude. I'm as un-religious as is possible, but I've never understood people's demands that a church change its belief system based on changing times. Of course since I'm not part of any religion I guess I have no say but, having said that, I SAY that if a particular religion doesn't fit with the times, let it serve it's members or lose membership and fade away as part of a natural process.

Isn't that where all the protestant religions came from?

I support gay marriage but I'm not going to tell my mother that she has to ignore what she believes is the word of god. I gave up that kind of time-waster years ago.

Add to Technorati Favorites